Dimensions Expert - for everyday STL preparation
Today, most CAD systems can output good STL data or STL data with minor errors.
The most common problem Rapid Prototyping users are facing is the build area
size versus the STL model dimensions. DeskArtes Dimensions Expert gives you the
tools to automatically repair and to split the STL data into separate pieces and
accurately combine them after the build. This is typically achieved with
software five to ten times more expensive.
STL input and output
- VRML input
- Automatic model verify and
- Manual model repair and edit
- Model splitting and connecting
- Platform definition and
- 3D viewing, transformation and
measuring for STL models
For more information You can also have a look at the presentation
video (19 minutes, 21 MB).
DeskArtes Dimensions Expert is part of a DeskArtes Expert Series family.
Expert Series products range from View Expert, a basic 3D CAD viewer, to full
rapid prototyping data preparation software
3Data Expert and to full freeform surface
CAD system Design Expert. Dimensions Expert includes a subset of 3Data Expert
commands. For a full set of features available in each Expert Series programs
please have a look at the
Expert Series feature list.
Save time and money by using Dimensions Expert for STL manipulation.
Dimensions Expert includes all necessary and easy to use tools to get from any
STL model to a buildable STL part, regardless of the possible problems or size
of the final part. Model verification tools tell you if the model is correct or
not. In case of errors, automatic and manual repair tools can be used to fix
them. After fixing the splitting tools can be used to cut the model into a
suitable sized pieces for your machine build area. Positioning tools can then be
used to position the parts into wanted build areas before sending them to the
Rapid Prototyping machine.
Visual inspection and measuring
- Visual model inspection
- Visual model inspection
- Clipping and viewing with grid lines
- Take 3D measures to estimate the size
- Point value, angle, distance, radius
- Calculate areas and volumes
Verifying the model
- Verify both triangle models
- Analyze errors and number of components
- Gaps, inverted normals, overlapping surfaces, intersecting shells etc.
Generate good STL
Fix Models Automatically or manuallly
- Auto Repair for fully automatic fixing
- Help Text to aid the repair work
- Interactive Editing for triangle data
- Flip triangle normals
Splitting the STL model
Split models for separate or lower build
- Add pins to connect the ready parts
Positioning part for RP
Define platforms according to the size of your RP system
Move parts to correct platform area
- Output STL files with correct topology for 3D Printing
PRODUCT PRICING & AVAILABILITY
- Complete price list is available upon request
- Single user, Multi user, and Floating licenses available
- Full software maintenance and upgrade program
- Software leasing options
- Education institution discounts